Tuesday, October 4, 2011

First Post!

Hi all. I'm working on losing some weight before the holiday season hits and I'm bombarded with sweets, baked goods and treats (oh my!). Thanks to my great friend Carey (love ya sis!), I've joined the Y and now have a couple partners for working out in the morning. I'm really looking forward to that. I'm running the Des Moines Half Marathon on Oct. 16th so now I'm kind of in resting mode for that, but my eating doesn't always sync up.
Actually if I'm being honest, my eating never syncs up to my activity level... which explains why my pants are so tight.

All this brings me to the reason I've created this blog. I need to start eating healthier food; however I also only work part time and have two kids and a husband to feed. I need to fix healthy food that's quick, cheap and easy (that'swhatshesaid). I'll be posting my food journal online and I encourage anyone who'd like to join me in this to post in the comments section their food journal. Hopefully the possibility of semi-public (I don't know how many people will even read this) humiliation will be enough to keep me from scarfing down that entire bag of chips. A girl can dream, right?

I'll be following the Dr. Oz plan You On A Diet (more info here http://www.realage.com/the-you-docs/you-on-a-diet/).

Here's to good health and better eating habits!!

Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment